crop-7078741.jpg

Inside Trevor Bauer’s MLB career from All-Star pitcher to dropped by Los Angeles Dodgers after sex assault allegation

TREVOR BAUER was let go by the Los Angeles Dodgers after sexual assault allegations.

The MLB team announced their decision on Friday night – one that Bauer called “disappointing”.

Trevor Bauer was released by the Los Angeles Dodgers

2

Trevor Bauer was released by the Los Angeles DodgersCredit: AP
He spent most of his career with the Cleveland Indians

2

He spent most of his career with the Cleveland IndiansCredit: Reuters

The 31-year-old never faced charges but the team said his alleged actions warranted the “longest ever suspension”.

Bauer still has $22.5million left on the three-year, $102m deal he signed in 2021.

The starting pitcher has been in the MLB since 2012 when he made his debut for the Arizona Diamondbacks.

He spent one year there before seven seasons with the Cleveland Indians.

TikTok star Alix Earle stuns on vacation after split from MLB star Tyler Wade
Yankees star Aaron Judge's 62nd home run ball disappoints at auction

Bauer came close to winning the World Series with the Indians in 2016.

And he was named an MLB All-Star two years later.

He left Cleveland and moved across Ohio to the Cincinnati Reds in 2019.

Bauer was part of a three-team trade that also involved the San Diego Padres.

And he was with the Reds until he rejected their $18.9m offer for the 2021 season and became a free agent.

In February 2021 he chose to sign with the Dodgers on a three-year deal.

But that contract has now been terminated by the Dodgers amid the allegations.

Bauer was suspended without for 324 games in April, equivalent to two seasons, for a violation of the MLB’s JoInt Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Policy.

He appealed the suspension and an arbitrator reduced it to 194 games last month.

But the Dodgers have made the next move in cutting ties with the pitcher.

Bauer’s initial suspension came from MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred after a San Diego woman, known as Ms Hill, claimed that he beat and sexually abused her in 2021.

The sportsman has maintained his innocence, insisting that all of his sexual interactions with the woman were consensual.

Bauer was never charged with a crime in connection to the allegations against him.

A judge also dismissed a temporary restraining order against Bauer, and he is now suing his accuser in civil court in Los Angeles.

In a statement to The U.S. Sun on Friday, Bauer said: “While we were unable to communicate throughout the administrative leave and arbitration process, my representatives spoke to Dodgers leadership immediately following the arbitration decision.

The View's Alyssa 'uses phone during ad breaks to escape tension with co-hosts'
I'm the world's tallest woman at over 7ft - I fly in only one position

“Following two weeks of conversations around my return to the organization, I sat down with Dodgers leadership in Arizona yesterday who told me that they wanted me to return and pitch for the team this year.

“While I am disappointed by the organization’s decision today, I appreciate the wealth of support I’ve received from the Dodgers clubhouse. I wish the players all the best and look forward to competing elsewhere.”




Source link

Tags: No tags

Leave A Comment